Friday, May 1, 2009

Great Expectations

O.k., so tomorrow is Saturday and I have a final in my Ministry Leadership class...and why am I blogging? Since I asked myself that questions, I guess I will have to answer that one... PROCRASTINATION! I don't like to admit it, but I do like to push things to the last minute sometimes. You know like Kobe waiting to take the last shot with 0.2 seconds left in the game. Or like "Big Daddy Vladdy" coming up in the bottom of the ninth inning, down by a run, two outs and a full count. Can't you picture it, me with a study guide and a pen the night before the final...maybe not.

Yes, it is true...tomorrow is my final. The class has been a good one and I have learned a lot about leadership and how to apply that in the church setting. I just finished up some writing that I needed to complete for the class, and next is the studying. I am looking forward to completing this class and then it is on to a preaching class in late June.

So now on to the "expectations." Thank you for those who prayed for me while preparing and teaching at the E for E conference last Saturday. It didn't quite work out the way "I" thought it would. I put in a good number of hours reading and preparing and guess what? I had one person attend. The man said it was what he needed for his church, so I will trust God that He will do what He wants with the work I prepared for Him. I wanted to leave you with a verse from Scripture that helps me in times of uncertainty as we base our decisions on God's Word and it doesn't pan out the "we" think it should...such as E for E.

"So My word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and will prosper in what I send it to do." Isaiah 55:11

No comments:

Post a Comment